Are You In A Long-Distance Relationship?
Are you in a LDR? If you are, then you won't be surprised when we say they're tricky things to maintain. You want to strike a balance between staying "connected" and, um...not stalking one another on social media. Right?
Absence may make the heart grow fonder, but that doesn't mean long-distance relationships aren't tough! Here are some ways to keep close even when geography isn't on your side. We also have a sweet gift idea that's perfect for couples in long-distance relationships.
Ways To Stay Close When You Live Far Apart
How do you stay emotionally close when you're so far away? Communicating by text or voice is standard practice for LDRs, but what else can you do?
- It helps to see each other's faces and to know and agree when and how often that is going to happen. So set up a regular schedule of phone or video "appointments" with each other. And then stick to them!
- You need a plan to close the geographic gap at some future date. Talk about where and when you'll be together after the travel, job, or education that is keeping you separate comes to an end. You both need to know there's a light at the end of the tunnel.
- Have meaningful talks. Relationship experts say distance can make you emotionally closer than you'd have become if you saw each other daily in person. No, really!
- Do things together as often as you can, but especially find a way to do things together that don't depend on being in the same location. Here's an example; since so much entertainment content is on streaming services like Netflix and Hulu, it's pretty easy for a couple to synchronize watching TV shows or movies. They can chat with each other via text or Slack while they watch. That's a fun way to share an enjoyable experience several times a week!
- Be secure about your relationship. It's okay to spend time with friends and develop interests and hobbies outside of the romance. In fact, it can enrich your relationship since it gives you two something new to talk about.
Sending Gifts Is Always Nice!
- Who doesn't love a postcard, a note, or a handwritten letter? These really feel special in this age of electronic communication.
- Or how about shipping a box of their favorite homemade cookies?
- Feeling splurge-y? Send your sweetie a box of chocolates, some flowers, or get them a subscription to their favorite Something-of-the-Month Club.
- Choose a gift that lasts and reminds them of you. Something wearable or something they can use daily is a good choice. We think our latitude longitude bracelet is a lovely way to show where your heart is.
Gift Idea: Latitude Longitude Coordinates Bracelet
Chances are you're thinking about them all the time and wondering how often they think of you. Well, a little piece of bling that reminds them of you can increase the odds that they're thinking of you at any given second.
Our latitude longitude bracelets can do just that! Each bracelet is engraved with the latitude and longitude coordinates of any location you choose.
Latitude Longitude Coordinates That Mean Something In A Relationship
Here are some coordinates that might mean something to you two:
- Where you each live right now
- Where you met
- Where you had your first date
- Where you first kissed
- Where you got engaged
- Where you got married (yep, even married couples have to live far apart sometimes)
- Where you went on that perfect vacation
Other Latitude Longitude Gift Ideas
We like latitude longitude coordinates so much that we engrave them on many other jewelry and gift items! Shop the entire collection of Latitude & Longitude Jewelry and Gifts, or go directly to:
- Money clips
- Tie clips
- Collar stays
- Rings 3mm and 8mm
- Necklaces and dog tag necklaces
- Guitar picks
How Do I Look Up My Coordinates?
You can look them up online using latlong.net or Google maps.
Instructions for using Google maps:
- On your computer, open Google Maps.
- Right click the location on the map.
- Select "What's here?"
- At the bottom of the screen a little card with the coordinates will appear.
- Click those coordinates and they'll also appear in the location detail window on the left side of the screen.